F. A. Q.
- Product Questions
- Shipping Questions
- Order Concerns, Returns/Refunds
1. Product Questions
Gender Reveal Products
How can I tell the difference between Gender Reveal products with discreet labels?
- The last number on the bar code of all of our gender reveal product is a color code to indicate that product's color. For baseballs and golf balls, this code is found on the box that the baseballs and golf balls come in.
- 1 = Pink
- 2 = Blue
- 3 = Silver
How can I tell the difference between Gender Reveal Smoke Bombs with discreet labels?
- For smoke bombs, there is a color code on the side of each smoke bomb.
- REV1 = Pink
REV2 = Blue
- AFW0283-2 = Blue
How old do you need to be to use Gender Reveal Cannons?
- We recommend only people 18 years or old to use Gender Reveal Cannons. If children on the age of 18 use them, please use parental guidance. Our cannons use compressed air, so they make a loud 'pop' when they're popped. Be sure to cover the ears of children if they are close to the cannons when they're popped.
How do I activate the smoke bombs?
- We have two different products. One is a fuse activated smoke stick that just simply requires a lighter or matches. The second is string or string pull activated smoke bombs. These are activated by pulling the string at a 90 degree angle in one smooth motion (no jerky pulling motion)
- Once the smoke bomb is activated, it will produce sparks for 1-3 seconds. Don't worry, this is just the mechanism that produces the chemical reaction, resulting in bright vibrant smoke! Once the sparks end, your smoke bomb may produce white or black smoke for a second or two, and then the correct color will quickly follow!
DO NOT HOLD AND STAND AT LEAST 6 FEET AWAY AFTER IGNITING
What are the differences between the smoke bombs?
- Wick Smokes- Wick activated smoke bombs require a lighter. They smoke for about 60 seconds each and vent out of one side. They are about 5 inches tall and 1 inch wide.
- Ring Pull Mini (RP Mini)- These smoke use a ring pull to activate. They smoke for 30-45 seconds and vent out of one side. They are about 4 inches tall and 1 inch wide.
- Ring Pull 90 (RP90)- RP90's are very similar to RP Mini's, except they are bigger. They are 5 inches long by 2 inches wide, and smoke for 90 seconds. They vent out of one side only and also use ring pull activation. These are the most popular smoke bombs!
- Dual Vent (DV)- Dual vents are very similar to RP90's. They produce the same amount of smoke, but they vent out of both sides at the same time! Because of this, they only last for 20-30 seconds. They are perfect for producing a HUGE could of smoke very quickly! They are about 4.5 inches long by 2 inches wide and use ring pull activation.
What's the difference between a "Smoke Ball" and a "Smoke Bomb"?
- Smoke balls are much smaller and produce less smoke than smoke bombs. They have less pyrotechnic material inside, so they are not regulated as smoke bombs. Each smoke ball produces smoke for about 15-20 seconds. They do not need to be shipped with hazmat shipping; however, they are required to be shipped via ground shipping (3-5 business days).
Do these stain clothing or anything else?
- Yes they absolutely can stain. However, they only stain if it is very close to the end the smoke comes out. After setting the smoke bomb down, if you are 2-3 feet away and just standing in the smoke cloud, it should not stain your clothing or anything for that matter. They can stain the ground if left on their sides as well.
Are these safe to breathe in?
- It is never recommended to breathe in smoke, but these are simple consumer level smoke signals so if you breathe in a little you should be ok.
Can they be hand held?
- We do not recommend holding any smoke bombs in your hand. Our ring pull smokes are cold burning so they don't get as hot, but we still recommend setting them on the ground after activation. Some customers do choose to hold them which we do not condone. Please have a bucket of water ready to drop the smokes into when they're done smoking.
Can I take smoke grenades on an airplane?
- No. Please do not attempt to bring smoke bombs onto an airplane.
Can I let someone under 18 use them?
- No. Please read all warning labels on the smoke bombs!
Can I use them in a dry area that has flammable items around?
- No. Please be aware of your surroundings when using smoke bombs. As stated above, the smoke bombs will produce sparks for the first 1-3 seconds after activation before smoke starts to come out. Never use smoke bombs around anything flammable, including but not limited to grass or dry leaves.
Can I use them at a sporting event or concert?
- No. Most public places have regulations around using smoke bombs. They are considered fireworks according to law enforcement, so please follow all regulations regarding fireworks when using smoke bombs in public places.
Can I use them inside?
- No, smoke bombs produce a ton of smoke, so please do not use them indoors!
Can I send back the ones I didn't use for my gender reveal?
- No, unfortunately we cannot accept returns on any of our products. We're very sorry! Extra products can be used for future events, or you can contact our customer support team for ideas on what to do with leftover products. GenderRevealCo@gmail.com.
Can I stop the smoke from coming out once it is activated?
- No, please don't try! Never put your hand near the end that has smoke coming out. If you place your hand near the end of the smoke bomb, you will get burned! We are not liable for any injuries incurred due to improper use of our products. Please read all warning labels before using :)
Can I use colored powder to dye food?
- Our color powder is 100% non-toxic. It is made of cornstarch and color dye, so in theory it would be safe for consumption. However, our powder is not intended for this purpose and we never recommend intentionally consuming our powder. If a little gets into your mouth during a color run or color powder war, it is okay!
Is color powder flammable?
- Yes! Do not use colored powder around any type of flame for any reason. This includes sparklers!
2. Shipping Questions
Do you offer local pick-ups?
- Yes we do! We are located in Orem. UT and our office is open for local pickups from 10am-3pm, Monday-Friday. Just select "in store pick-up" at checkout.
- Once you place your order you will receive a confirmation email.
- Please wait to pickup your order until you receive a second email, stating that your order is ready to be picked up. Please allow at least 4 hours from the time you place your order, until we have your order ready for pickup.
What is your typical processing time?
- We ship out all orders the same day if they're placed on Monday-Friday, before 1pm MST. For orders placed after 1 pm MST, or over the weekend, your order will be processed on the following business day. This means the day after that is your first 'shipping' day. Please visit our shipping page for more information.
Do you accept returns?
- Unfortunately we do not accept returns so please be certain before you order!
Can you ship outside of the US?
- Unfortunately, we cannot ship any of our products outside of the US, or to Puerto Rico. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!
Can you expedite shipping?
- Unfortunately, we cannot expedite shipping on any of our products. The shipping options you are offered at checkout are the only options we have available. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!
How can I get a shipping estimate?
- The best way to get a shipping estimate is to add all the items to your cart that you wish to purchase. Once you enter your shipping address (before payment), you will be prompted with the available shipping speeds and associated costs. Shipping options vary greatly depending on your location, the items in your cart, as well as the size of your order.
Here is a list of our products and their fastest shipping options:
- Smoke Bombs- 3-7 business days, plus 1 extra day for processing. Ground shipping only.
- Smoke Balls - 3-5 business days, ground shipping only.
- Gender Reveal Products & Color Powder- expedited shipping 1-3 business days, or ground shipping.
Hazmat Shipping Questions (Smoke Bombs Only)
Why Hazmat Shipping?
- Due to the nature of smoke bombs, we are legally required to ship them with hazmat precautions. They are considered smoke signals by the US Department of Transportation and need to be shipped under certain protocols. The price is set by the Department of Transportation. We recommend ordering multiple at a time, because the fee is the same for one smoke bomb as for 10! We also offer tiered shipping prices, so you can save money by purchasing in bulk! Visit our Shipping Page for more information.
- If you see smoke bombs on other websites that do not require hazmat shipping, please note that these companies are operating illegally. We ship via hazmat for the protection of our employees, our products, shipping couriers, and most importantly- our customers!
Do you ship to PO Boxes?
- Unfortunately, we cannot ship smoke bombs to PO Boxes. Please visit our shipping page for more information.
Do you accept returns?
- Unfortunately we do not accept returns so please be certain before you order!
What happens if I miss my delivery for my hazmat package?
- FedEx will attempt to deliver your package 3 times. After 3 delivery attempts, they will hold your package at a local distribution hub for 5-7 business days before returning your package to us.
- If FedEx returns your package to us for any reason, we will be charged at least $30 for shipping both ways. If your package gets returned to us, we will refund you for your order total minus $60 to cover the cost of shipping both ways. This means that if your order total is under $60, you will not be refunded. Thank you for understanding!
How do I schedule a delivery time if I'm not home during the day?
- Please reach out to the appropriate shipping courier directly once you've received your tracking information. You can schedule a time for them to deliver your package when you, or someone over the age of 18, is available to sign for your package.
- Another option is to request FedEx or UPS to hold your package a local distribution hub for you to pick up at your convenience. Please contact the appropriate shipping courier directly with your tracking number handy if you wish to do so.
Can I refuse my hazmat package?
- No. Please do not refuse your hazmat package! If you do so, your order will be disqualified from our claims department for any sort of refund.
- The reason being- often times when hazmat packages are refused, FedEx will pay to have them disposed of. This disposal fee is very expensive and is almost always more than your order total. That said, we will not issue any refunds on packages that are refused.
- If you do not want your order anymore, please still accept your package. Email our customer support team and they will gladly assist you, but please remember all sales are final! GenderRevealCo@gmail.com.
How do I ensure a successful delivery of my hazmat package?
- Visit our shipping page and scroll to the bottom. There is a section labeled "5 ways to ensure your hazmat delivery is successful" for you to reference.
3. Order Concerns, Refunds/Returns
Do you accept returns?
- Unfortunately, we do not accept returns. Please double check your order before submitting!
What do I do if I'm missing part of my order in my shipment?
- Although we hope this will never happen, we are human and occasionally can make mistakes with orders. Don't worry though, we have your back! Simply send our customer support team an email at GenderRevealCo@gmail.com. Include your order number in the subject line, and attach photos of the products you've received, as well as the packaging they came in. The more photos the better! A member from our customer support team will respond ASAP to help you!
What should I do if my order arrives damaged?
- Shoot, we're very sorry to hear this! Similar to above, please send us an email right away with your order number in the subject line. Include photos of the damaged products and packaging, and we will get back to you as soon as we can to assist you!
How do I submit a claim?
- Email us at GenderRevealCo@gmail.com with your order number in the subject line. Explain the problems you're experiencing in as much detail as possible, and someone from our customer support team will reach out to you ASAP to help!
What do I do if my product malfunctions or I receive a "dud"?
- Although we do quality control on all of our products, sometimes product malfunctions do happen. Don't worry though, we have your back! Please submit a claim as stated above. Include as many photos as possible along with an explanation of what happened. We will not be able to submit a claim without photos, so please take as many as you can!