F. A. Q.
Frequently Asked Questions Concerning Smoke Grenades:
CURRENT SHIPPING DELAY
- Please note that we will be out of the office until the week of August 31st, due to our transition to HAZMAT shipping. Please e-mail us with order questions and we will respond to you in the order we receive them, early next week. Thank you!
Why Hazmat Shipping?
- We ship HAZMAT due to the nature of the Smoke Effects. They are considered fireworks by the USDOT and need to be shipped with certain precautions taken. The price is set by the Department of Transportation. We recommend ordering in bulk, because the fee is the same for one smoke bomb as for 10!
Do you ship to PO Boxes?
- Unfortunately, we cannot ship smoke bombs to PO Boxes. Please visit our shipping page for more information.
Do you accept returns?
- Unfortunately we do not accept returns so be certain before you order!
How do I activate the smoke bombs?
- We have two different products. One is a fuse activated smoke stick that just simply requires a lighter or matches. The second is string or wire pull activated smoke bombs. These are activated by pulling the wire at a 90 degree angle in one smooth motion (no jerky pulling motion)
DO NOT HOLD AND STAND AT LEAST 6 FEET AWAY AFTER IGNITING
What Are the Differences with all Pull Ring Smoke Bombs?
- WRP90 - Wire Ring Pull 90 Seconds by Peacock Smoke
- SE60- Smoke Effect 60 Seconds by Peacock Smoke - Pull String
- EG25 - Enola Gaye 25 Seconds: Mini versions of the WP40
- Twin Vent (aka Dual Vent/Double Sided) Burst - Smoke comes out of both sides and the main purpose of the "burst" smokes is to release all the smoke as fast as possible, so they last under 25 seconds.
- EG18 - Larger version of the WP40 = More smoke. Lasts ~70 seconds
- EG18X - Burst (meaning that smoke comes out as fast as possible, but only from 1 side) So they put out the same amount of smoke as the EG18 but in less time. They last around 30 seconds or so.
- So in summary if you want them to last a long time, you want wrp90 or eg18.
- If you want them to put out tons of smoke as fast as possible you want the Twin Vent Burst or the EG18X Burst.
Are the gender reveal products labeling discreet?
Cannon Color Indicator: If you need assistance differentiating the cannon, there is a number under the barcode specific to each color. In the bottom right corner of the barcode strip there is an individual number, either a 1 or 2. 1 is pink and 2 is blue (3 is silver).
Wick Smokes Indicator: If you need assistance differentiating the smokes you can check the code on the side of the smoke. REV1=Pink REV2=Blue
Do these stain clothing or anything else?
- Yes they absolutely can stain. However, they only stain if it is very close to the end the smoke comes out. After setting the smoke bomb down, if you are 2-3 feet away and just standing in the smoke cloud, it should not stain your clothing or anything for that matter. They can stain the ground if left on their sides as well.
Are these safe to breathe in?
- It is never recommended to breathe in smoke, but these are simple consumer level fireworks so if you breathe in a little you should be ok.
Can they be hand held?
- We do not recommend holding any smoke bombs in your hand. The Enola Gaye wire pull products are cold burning so they don't get as hot, but we still recommend setting them on the ground after activation. Some customers do choose to hold them which we do not condone
Can I take smoke grenades on an airplane?
Can I let someone under 18 use them?
Can I use them in a dry area that has flammable items around?
Can I use them at a sporting event or concert?
Can you overnight some to me?
- No, but order by 3pm on Thursday and select our 3 Day Shipping option to have it delivered on Saturday.
Can I make cool pictures with them?
- Yes, and please tag us on instagram @smoke.effect
Can I use them inside?
- No, they release way too much smoke to be used indoors.
Can I send back the ones I didn't use for my gender reveal?
Can they ship via USPS?
- No. Never. For any reason can you ship these with the United States Postal Service.
Can I stop the smoke from coming out once it is activated?
- No, please don't try. That would result in injury. Never put your hand near the end that has smoke coming out.
Can you ship them to me in Puerto Rico or a PO Box?
- No, these are not allowed to ship to PO Boxes because they cannot ship via USPS.
Can you ship to another country?
- No, only to the USA.
What does wp40 mean?
- Wire Pull 40. I'm guessing the first batch only lasted 40 seconds then they figured out how to make it last 90 seconds. Or perhaps the 40 means that there is 40g of powder inside of the smoke grenade.